The Symphony has a great opportunity for anyone interested in volunteering. We’re looking for new volunteers, as well as hoping to reconnect with those of you who may have volunteered in the past. All are welcome—we have a variety of opportunities throughout the year, from monthly concert preparations during the season to stopping by The Symphony office to sort some press clippings. Volunteers may even lend a hand at our two fun-filled annual event fundraisers: our joyous Home for the Holidays fundraiser, which will take place this season on December 5, and the always-exciting annual gala, often featuring a multi-course gourmet dinner and premium wine.
With the help of our incredible volunteers, each year our events are better than the year before! If you would like to be part of this invaluable team, we would love to get in touch with you soon so that we can ensure that your contact information is up-to-date and that we are aware of your interests and talents. The earlier we hear from you, the better equipped we will be to let you know well in advance if we have an opportunity you might like to participate in.
Below are just a few examples of our volunteers projects. Our amazing volunteers:
- deliver concierge cards to approximately 17 hotels across downtown Santa Fe for each concert. It is a two-person operation—one drives and one delivers!
- help at fundraising events by supervising the silent and live Auctions, assisting at check in and check out, as well as event set up in advance of the event.
- are called upon to usher the free concerts at the Cathedral Basilica of St. Francis of Assisi two to three times per season.
- deliver fliers to the various churches around Santa Fe, helping us promote The Symphony’s annual Messiah performances each November
- assist with Symphony Club Musicales on occasion.
- contact local assisted living facilities to offer free concert tickets.
- assist with phone calls to patrons when we need to update patrons on event status/changes.
- help development staff with mailings for Symphony fundraising events.by affixing address labels, folding invitations, and stamping envelopes.
- Volunteers package and deliver the Meet the Orchestra booklets to various Santa Fe Public Schools once per year in advance of The Lensic Discovery Concerts.