COMING SOON! SPRING 2021 VIRTUAL CONCERT SERIES
With the final performance of our Fall 2020 Virtual Concert Series, “Christmas Treasures,” having premiered on December 13 at the iconic Cathedral Basilica of St. Francis of Assisi, The Santa Fe Symphony Orchestra & Chorus is excited to announce that we will be presenting another dynamic series of virtual performances this spring! After a hugely successful fall 2020 virtual season—reaching nearly 11,000 viewers from 18 countries around the world—Twe have now reimagined and replaced our previously scheduled January through May 2021 live programming with another exciting digital series—DATES TO BE ANNOUNCED.
It has proven challenging for The Symphony to narrow its choices to just a handful of locations for its spring series, with so many unique and stunning places of cultural and historical importance in the area. All events in the Spring 2021 Virtual Concert Series will premiere on Sundays at 4:00PM, beginning March, 2021, filmed at the following locations:
- Meow Wolf of Santa Fe—with its surreal and mesmerizing art installations;
- Museum of International Folk Art and New Mexico Museum of Art—two of Santa Fe’s treasured and internationally-recognized state museums, part of one of the largest museums systems in America;
- School for Advanced Research—situated on 15 stunning acres in the heart of Santa Fe, and featuring some of the city’s most important historical structures, SAR advances innovative work in social sciences and humanities, in particular fostering the preservation of Native American cultural heritage;
- Casa Rondeña Winery—surrounded by cottonwoods, lush vineyards, a beautiful pond with flowing fountains in the oldest wine-producing region in America
- The Lensic Performing Arts Center—Santa Fe’s world-class performing arts center and home to The Santa Fe Symphony Orchestra & Chorus
Having received critical acclaim for our Fall Virtual Concert Series, filmed and produced by Santa Fe’s Hutton Broadcasting, our second virtual series, which will again be filmed by Hutton. Producing these high-definition films, shot with multiple cameras and drones, has resulted in extraordinary hour-long concerts that highlight not only the phenomenal talent of The Symphony’s musicians, but the dramatic Santa Fe landscapes and impressive historical architecture that serve as the series’ venues. Symphony ensembles performed in safe environments, following CDC and state guidelines, at some of the most stunning locations in the state of New Mexico: Ghost Ranch, Thornburg Investments Rooftop, Santa Fe Children’s Museum, Santa Fe Botanical Garden, and the Cathedral Basilica of St. Francis of Assisi.
Above the Winds
EXPIRES DEC 22
EXPIRES JAN 13